Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Rig - first look

The new kid in the stable is a 2015 Salsa Fargo Ti (size sm - a lot of people ask that).  It has taken some time to feel the love as it is so different from a front suspension rigged mountain bike.   But, we are getting there.  The only modifications I've made so far are a longer 90mm stem and a WTB saddle. Much better.  It is stock with SRAM 2x10 28-42 but my wimpy self wants more gears, so a RaceFace Next SL 24-38 is on order.  I've also jumped into the dyno hub world and have a KLite, USB charger and dyno hub wheel on the way.
That'll be it really for gear on the bike.  All of my 2011/2014 gear is fine though I did have to get a smaller Revelate frame bag for this bike.  At the end of the trip where this photo was taken, the front harness gave it up, but Revelate has already repaired it and sent it back.



Going back to Big Bend in February.  Wish I could take this kid with me but not this time.  Willits will get a turn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment