Saturday, July 29, 2017

Perspective

Self talk.  Especially the negative kind, is the bane of any athlete.  I am certain that the wiring of some athletes keeps the negativity at bay.  I am terrible at this. Even knowing the boat-anchor effect that negative thoughts have on every pedal stroke does not push them aside.  I don't have any answers.  Just selfishly using my blog space to vent about sluggish morning on the bike.   I had no gas and it was already hot by 8am.  It was easy to turn back.  

I put on a podcast to distract me for the ride home.  Bikepack Canada posted a new one today so I loaded it up.  Ryan Correy is the host of the podcast as well as a successful bike racer.  He received a cancer diagnosis last week and used the podcast platform to tell his story to the public.  
I still had no gas in the tank as I made my way slowly home, but sure had some new perspective.  
Respect. 



July True-up:
Rode a solo version of Bicycle Sport Shop's El Diablo event that hits each of their 5 Austin stores.  65 miles and quality elevation.  
Sun coming up over Mansfield Dam

BSS Research - 5:30am
 
After a year and a half (and 2 TD line ups), I decided my Salsa Fargo Ti  SM was just the wrong size.  I worked with a great fit expert, but just threw in the towel.  A friend had a medium steel version that he let me borrow.  What a difference.  I'd never understood how riders were able to use the drop bars on the Fargo.  Now I understand.   My bike was too small.  I located a brand new 2917 in WV.  Lucky again that my peeps from Dirt Components were in the area and played the mule to bring it back to Texas.  The build is under way.  

John Erskin's Fargo meets the new elevated Hwy360 bike path

No comments:

Post a Comment