Sunday, May 15, 2016

To The Nitty Gritty

Now the middle of May and some things could be farther along - like my weekly mileage.  If it's not one thing it's another.
And my cues.  My cues could be way farther along.  I have a full set of edited cues from 2011, edited to use again in 2014.  I "assumed" I could start with those and just add all map addenda since that time.  Never assume.  The first thing I noticed was addenda dates that were June 2014.  Definitely added after SheilaT and I had put the finishing touches on ours.  Good think there was nothing major as SheilaT completed the route fine.  I've decided a start from scratch method is best.  2015 Addenda have been downloaded.  Such a long process but helps for route review.

And gear.  I am actually surprised that my entire rig is not totally dialed in at this point.  Last month's GG showed me the cockpit needed adjustment so I put on a higher stem with much improvement.  I've been using a loner Fizik Vesta successfully so one is on order.  I'm not loving my Salsa Ti seatpost.  It seems to ratchet back too easily and I'm not strong enough to adjust it with the mini muli-tool I'll be carrying.  Well a shout out to #Erickson who did a fine job of refurbishing my 2011 Sweetpost.  She is lovely and ready to go.  Still working on shoes.  Sure wish manufacturers would make narrow shoes for women and not just smaller mens designs.  



 What would a blog post be without photos.
Sun up on pedestrian bridge over Town Lake

 

Professor Al and Teach Sheila To Not Be Stranded - Part 1



Sleeping out for an early roll to see my friends finish the Texas Water Safari Prelim.  Ride - Martindale, Texas to Victoria, Texas


Below Mansfield Dam on a "Dam Loop"

Fly to Banff in 23 days.  #TourDivide2016

















No comments:

Post a Comment